Tuesday, January 17, 2012

P90x And Then Insanity?

396545382 So I have 180 days until I go to the beach with my girlfriend and some other friends.. I wanna be ripped and look good of course so I got the P90X and Insanity programs. I was thinking I could do P90X and then when I finish that do Insanity. Or the other way around? So a few questions..
1. I don't have the nutrition guide for either, as long as I just watch what I eat will I still see results?
2. Is this a good idea to do one then the other?
3. If so then what order should I do them in?
4. I'm already in pretty good shape so how soon should I see results?
5. For P90X I need a pull up bar? But I'm not gonna buy one.. will that be a problem?

1 comment:

  1. Cage - I was thinking along the same lines, do P90X first and try to bulk up a bit then do Insanity after to cut down. Those ripped bodybuilders do things in phases; bulking and cutting. Ideally, bulking would be done to gain a ton of muscle and consequently some fat as well, then cutting is to really get a low bodyfat content.

    However, both programs claim they will get you ripped without using the other, and so perhaps your experience with either one would dictate which route you actually take. In any case, I think that P90x would be your first move, as it definitely seems to build more muscle as compared to Insanity slimming down.

    I'm sure that anyone knows a "good" diet, regardless of the nutrition guide, would contain high amounts of lean protein and fruits and vegetables and cut out the crap food.

    I have no idea about how soon you would see results, that is really dependent on personal factors such as how healthy you are now, diet, or effort during workout.

    Ideally P90X requires a pull up bar. You could use resistance bands instead, and pull down on them (in the P90X videos it shows how to do the entire workout without weights or a pull up bar). But in either case, the workout does require one or the other to do the exercises.

    ReplyDelete