Sunday, January 15, 2012

Can I Test Myself For Diabetes?

396545384 Is there any way to do it....
Its not funny actually, because my oldest cousin died, not knowing she had diabetes.
I want to prevent that, but l'm not going to the doctors yet. Could there be a way to check symptons. I heard drinking to much water is one sign...(an answer I got from one of my previous questions)
Could you please answer in detail...I'm serious!
♥♥♥ Thanks a bunch ♥♥♥



BTW this is the second time I posted this question coz not many answered the previous......

3 comments:

  1. crissy - If u don't want to end up like ur cuz, then u need to eat right and exercise and stay healthy. My mom has the same thing and it is very hard for her. But if anyone in ur family has it then u need to be carefull. I don't think that there is a way, but only going to the drs for it and getting blood work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al Lomb - Only a licensed physician can diagnose you as diabetic; however, there are some indicators of diabetes such as extreme thirt, a lot of urinating, extreme hunger, weight and mood changes etc. Furthermore, if you have access to a blood sugar meter at home where you can prick your finger and test your sugar, your blood sugar should range somewhere between 80-120. It may be slightly higher then 120 if you eat a heavy meal high in carbs or sugar; however, if a person is not diabetic, regardless of what they eat during a meal their sugar will be 120 or less. There are also at home a1c testers which measure your blood sugar average for 3 months. This is one test administered my a doctor to determine if one is diabetic. A normal person should be around 5 - 5.5 but anything higher then 6.5 is considered to be diabetes. I believe they sell these tests online on websites such as amazon.

    ReplyDelete