Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Heart Is Skipping Beats, Please Help?

396545385 I feel my heart skipping beats in the bottom of my throat (where the dip is). It started when I was 19. I am now 24. It comes and goes. I will get it all day everyday for like two weeks to a month, then I won't get it again for months to a year. It doesn't hurt, it just feels like my heart skips a beat then it double beats to catch up. A couple years ago I went to the ER and they hooked me up to a ECG, or a EKG. I can't remember, but it said my heart was fine. However, while at the hospital my heart didn't flutter. I'm scared it will stop. I have no insurance so I can't go to the doctors. If it gets worse, I will go back to the ER. Please tell me your thoughts or if you have ever experienced thus before. Thank you. Also, I do take Zoloft 50 mg everyday once a day.

3 comments:

  1. Not - Sounds like palpitations. I'm not a doctor, and I'm not medically trained, but I know that they are very common and everybody deals with them at some point. Some more than others. :) They're typically very harmless. If you are concerned, then don't take chances. Ask a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PhilinNWfla - What's your caffeine intake like, any energy drinks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUnny09 - Hey :) I am 21 and i have the exact same problem, and had a heart monitor on for a day aaan during that day i didn't feel any palipitations. Feels like if they had caught one that they might have diagnosed me differently. They also said i was fine... Need to take antibiotics for urine infection and take something like you take. You're in the same boat i am in unfortunately.
    You can contact me if ud like, its kinda nice to feel someone else that has this too...

    ReplyDelete