Monday, January 16, 2012

More Info On Blood Injected Into Tissue Accidentally ?

396545389 I was selling my plasma today, and the nurse forget to turn down the device that squeezes your arm during withdrawal. My arm lost all feeling and was turning purple, it was scary and very painful. I sat up to get the nurses attention. He ran over and turned down the arm squeezer and informed me that by me sitting up, the needle had shifted and the blood was being returned to my tissue, not veins. I now have two hard lumps on my bicep and tricep area, and my arm is too stiff too move. Does anyone know what this is called so I can research it further it's very painful and freaking me out.

1 comment:

  1. formerly_bob - Its called a hematoma. Usually the blood in a hematoma gets reabsorbed in about 7-10 days. Sometimes the blood coagulates and it becomes semi-permanent, but this usually only happens when the hematoma is deep inside a muscle. If you take one aspirin each day for the next week, it will reduce the likelihood of having the blood coagulate before it is reabsorbed.

    ReplyDelete