Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is This An Allergy Or Have I Developed A Cold?

396545383 I went out feeling fine and came back with congested nose, headache, cough, sore throat and my ears keep going funny, (keep popping, getting blocked etc).

I was at my Grandmas today, she sort of smokes like a chimney, there was like 6 people smoking in one room, her house is also quite dusty with a lot of clutter and there was also 4 poodle dogs too.
At the time, I just kept on sneezing like mad, literally 20 times in a row, I also started coughing and my head also started to ache.

Now I'm back at home, I just feel awful and can't stop coughing etc. I did take an allergy pill 1hr ago, but it hasnt really done anything yet.
I thought it was an allergy, because dust does make me sneeze a lot.
What else can do?

I need to feel better soon, because I'm working at the hospital tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Angie - It sounds like you might have the start of a viral infection (pharyngitis, etc) which can definitely be aggravated by smoke and dust allergies.

    Try using a saline nasal rinse (like a Neti Pot). It should help your nose & throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John M - Well you can go to a pharmacy and buy a decongestant or a antihistamine if those fail buy night quil cold and flu

    ReplyDelete