Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's Up With The Bloody Nose?

396545383 I've had nose bleeds since I was a little girl so I'm used to getting one once a year or so. I usually get one after I've had really bad allergies or a cold. I haven't had one since 2 years ago but just last week I got one while I was at the store. It stopped after 4-5 minutes. Maybe even less than that. Anyway, I had a feeling I would get one because I was getting really bad headaches a few days before. Well I got one again on Monday. It only lasted a little bit because I know how to stop them right away. Last night I was at the store and again I got another nose bleed. I was sniffling and cleaning my nose with the Kleenex a lot then that's when it started to bleed. This morning I woke up because I felt my nose stuffed and really itchy and my right eye was a little swollen and red too. I had a feeling I would get a nosebleed and yes about a few second later after I got to the bathroom I got another one. Now I don't get scared when I get one because I've had them since I was a little kid but 3 days in a row?? Now I'm feeling a little concerned. I don't know if it's the weather or if it's being caused by something else but it has been pretty warm during the day and then it gets really cold at night where I live. I decided to call the doctor and make an appointment. He told me he can see me until tomorrow. He said if I can't wait to go to the Urgent Care. Should I be worried? Has anybody ever had consecutive nose bleeds? Thanks for your help.
Nick- No I don't hold my head back. That's never a good idea but I do tilt my head forward. You have constant nose bleeds? That sucks.

And I'm not sure if it runs in my family. I don't think so.

2 comments:

  1. Rinahh - Does it run in your family could be a symptom of a disease..
    But bloody noses are usually not that crucial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick Thomas - I have constant nose bleed! But just hold ur heads back or an old remdy.... Put a quaternary in your mouth it works!!

    ReplyDelete