Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hypoglycemia With No Diabetes?

396545384 When I get hungry my hands shake alot and all over i feel abit weak. I just assume its because im hungry, so i'll just leave it untill i can be bothered to get food. My boyfriend noticed my hands and asked why i was shaking so i just said i was hungry and he told me it was a symptom of minor diabetes or something, i looked it up at home and i dont have symptoms of it, part from peeing alot but i think thats from my pill. However i found something about hypogylcemia which looks about right, but is it possible to have it without having diabetes?

3 comments:

  1. Alec Ticknor - yeah, its very possible. I have it, and I don't have diabetes. Do you get a little agitated? if so, sounds like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John W - You do realize that hypoglycemia is low blood glucose levels while diabetes is high glucose levels, they are the opposites of each other.

    Diabetics are often concerned about hypoglycemia because if they take too much medicine or insulin to lower their glucose levels, they could have hypoglycemia which can be more dangerous in the short term. An undiagnosed diabetic would not be receiving any diabetic medication or insulin unless for another purpose so hypoglycemia would not be an indication of diabetes with an undiagnosed diabetic.

    Thinking that hypoglycemia is indicative of diabetes is like looking at a thermometer outdoors that reads -40 and saying it's sweltering hot outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flyin Squiw - No...it's not **minor** diabetes. Hypoglycemia does occur in Diabetes, but you can have just Hypoglycemia, like my Spanish teacher.

    ReplyDelete