Sunday, January 15, 2012

Am I Having An Allergic Reaction To Lip Gloss?

396545383 For the past 4 days my lips have felt really strange, like they are tight and dry and it just won't go away. They don't have any bumps on them but they feel very rough if they are dry. Could this be an allergic reaction to lip gloss? I did get a new kind of lip gloss last week and I wonder if thats causing this problem although i have never had an allergic reaction to lip glosses before. Also now I can only use blistex to soften them because putting any kind of lip balm on them makes them burn and itch really bad and I have to take it off right away. Please help I'm freaking out about this.

2 comments:

  1. Samtheman2671 - Yes, I would say it is a allergic reaction.
    I would stop using this lip balm right away. I recommend You find out what it is in the lip balm that is causing the reaction and so you can avoid it in other products in the future. I would book an appointment with a doctor and when you go to see the doctor bring the lip balm that is causing the reaction with you and explain your symptoms.

    Hope this Helps,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delaney - it sounds like the lip gloss might be irritating to your lips.
    you could stop using the lip gloss for a week or longer until those symptoms go away, and then use it again. if your lips feel the same way after, then it is most likely the lip gloss, and you should probably stop using it. for now, using blistex sounds like a good way to deal with it.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete