Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Think My Heart Rate Is Too High. It's Pretty Cool How High I Can Get It, But I'm Wondering If It'll Explode.?

396545385 I'm an 18 year old male, 143 pounds, that recently decided to start running. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I run 1 mile as hard as i possibly can. I keep a fast steady pace the whole run and then kick it the last 100 yards or so.
Of the 9 days I have ran, i have gotten my heart rate to 210bpm, 216bpm, 204bpm, and finally tonight, 241bpm!!! All these numbers were taken seconds after I crossed the finish line, and they were all double and triple checked. I feel great and within 10 to 15 minutes, I am back to my resting heart rate.
I'm not really all that worried, but I'm also not a fitness expert. If someone can tell me if being able to make your heart beat 241 times in a minute is awesome or dangerous, I would really be thankful.
-David

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne - David, your maximum heart rate should be 220-X. X is your age. You are 18, so your maximum heart rate should be at 202. It is very very dangerous to get close to your maximum HR, let alone exceed it if you have indeed managed to do so. Err on the side of caution when it comes to things like this; it's just not worth the risk.

    ReplyDelete