Monday, January 16, 2012

Is This The Fault Of The Lances Used?

396545384 So, I'm doing a science experiment on blood sugar. My friends are part of it. I have 33-gauge lancets, and the needle looks so tiny you can hardly see it. Anyways, I had my friend wash her hands with warm water and massage her hand from wrist to fingertip to encourage blood flow. Then I pricked the side of her index finger, and massaged the base of the finger to get more blood to flow. But there was hardly any blood! I'd done blood sugar testing with my grandpa's lancets at his house, and there was way more blood. I swear, the drop was about the size of a small freckle, if that. At my grandpa's house the blood was enough to spread to the end of the test strip, but this was hardly enough toc over the tip. My lancing devise has depth settings, so I put the depth setting to five (the deepest) and tried again. Still nothing. Is this the fault of my lances?

2 comments:

  1. Jessica - Some people bleed better than others. And someone who normally bleeds easily might not bleed so well if she is a bit dehydrated, or if her hands are cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste - It's the fault of your lances.

    ReplyDelete