Thursday, January 19, 2012

Do I Have Alopecia Areata?

396545389 hi. i notice on top of my head i only have a straight line of hair but on the sides 90 percent of it is gone.
when i saw my primary care physician he told me this is totally fine and a lot of people who have it live long, healthy lives. when i saw a dermatologist, he told me i am paranoid and have anxiety and should be evaluated.

in reality i think its a serious problem i have. my friends all tease me and say im from the kkk and i look ugly. i dont want to wear a wig because my friends will tell others the wig is fake and might take it off and expose me.
i got kaiser permanente as a medical insurance
i notice alot of it when i shower.
alos my grandma keeps making jokes about it and its pissing me off. she tells me there is always a problem with me and why cant i be normal like other people and not have these skin problems.

1 comment:

  1. Dr Frank - Alopecia areata typically takes the form of spherical patches of hair loss with normal looking pink areas of normal scalp skin devoid of hair. This does not seem to be what you are describing.

    ReplyDelete