Monday, November 7, 2011

Chances Of This Being Cancer + Mets? I Need Help?

396545116 firstly i noticed flat stools 6 years ago with no other symtoms. Then 3 months ago i had loss of appetite and my bowel habbits changed i had loose stools and 2 bouts of blood in my stool. i have read on google that it takes 5 years for colon cancer to form. so this fits really well. then after i had a dry cough that came from my throat. i also have been having headaches when i wake up which to me sounds like colon cancer spread to brain and lungs and maybe thyriod since i keep having this feeling that there's a lump behind my adams apple. it feels like my throat is blocked. i have been feeling weak and dizzy at times also.

lately my bowel habbits have got worse very gassy and very loose stools i get gass all the time. i have testing in 3 weeks a colonscopy but im so worried i just need to get peoples opinions and to ask if im thinknig too much into it or am i right in connecting all this as it has all fit too well together.

4 comments:

  1. Kenneth Coolman - Maby a year to live (maby)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne M - You know what I think? I think you're fine. To me what it sounds like is that you're suffering from anxiety. Anxiety can cause you to link together in your mind things that really don't fit together. The symptoms you're having could each be caused by a huge number of things, with cancer + mets being among the LEAST likely. I could list two or three things for each symptom that are much more likely causes, with anxiety being not just the cause of your worry, but a possible cause of the symptoms themselves.

    It's great that you're following up on your symptoms and getting a colonoscopy; that's awesome. But don't be surprised if it turns out that your colon is completely normal. If that's what happens, I would think about some possible lifestyle changes that could help with your anxiety (healthier diet, more exercise, less stress maybe), and possibly consider getting some counseling too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denisedds - I see no reason to think you have cancer, much less mets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirstykinss - It sounds like you've read the symptoms online and fitted every little thing in to it, which you otherwise may have ignored. Whenever you say you have symptoms, you only mention having experienced it a few times or for a short period. It's common for everyone to get these things from time to time. If you're worried, then go to the docs to ease your mind but when that comes back clean stop reading online medical sites!

    ReplyDelete