Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Catheter Ablation For Wpw Syndrome?

396545385 I have been diagnosed with wpw syndrome. Basically my heart beats too fast due to an electrical problem in my heart. I'm going to have the catheter ablation procedure done to hopefully correct this issue. They will be going thru my main artory in my groin all the way up to my heart and burn the area closed that's being effected. I will not be put under for this procedure only sedated. So I was wondering if anyone else has had this procedure done or knows someone who did and if you can tell me what its like. Does it hurt a little? A lot? Feel weird? Etc etc. I'm kind of nervous about having to be awake during all this.

1 comment:

  1. Gracinda - I believe you will receive conscious sedation for this, which is why you are somewhat confused about this. You won't really be "awake" or aware of what's going on, but you will be comfortably relaxed and won't feel anything.
    What you won't be is "completely under," meaning general anesthesia.
    Don't worry; they do this type of ablation procedure often. And you'll feel better soon, when your heart isn't beating so fast!

    ReplyDelete