Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gum Is Inflamed Around Wisdom Tooth. Bad Pain. Hellpp?

396545381 I was taking a nap the other day and I woke up my mouth was hurting terribly. I looked in the mirror and the left side seemed pretty inflammed. I had to go to work so I took a about a half a dozen ibuprofen and I felt fine. Now when I look in the mirror (still popping profens) my back gum looks like it is about to split in half. I cant bite down all the way because I am biting on my gum and when I swallow the use of the muscles make it hurt worse during the process. Any help? I cant afford a dentist or else I would have already went.

2 comments:

  1. ozboz48 - Well, you're going to have to get to a dentist or the ER. Sounds like you have an abscess.

    And stop overdosing on pain meds, or you'll be in even more trouble.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liza Koehler - It can be because of wisdom tooth eruption or can be because of food accumulates around the wisdom tooth. For swelling to reduce, you can do warm saline rinses and you can take ibuprofen to regress the swelling.make sure to avoid any food accumulates in that area. Food particles at back of jaw will aggravate the pain. If wisdom tooth is impacted, then tooth extraction is required. Better consult a dentist. If you don't have money, then you can approach any of the dental schools near your place for treatment. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

    ReplyDelete