Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sharp Pain In My Heart?

396545385 First of all I'm a 13 year old healthy girl. So yesterday I was just sitting down normally, when my chest, heart I think, started to hurt badly. I felt sharp pains and this lasted for about a minute or more. I couldn't go to sleep all night because I was so scared. This has happened before but only lasted about two seconds. I currently have a cold and I've got slow breathing but not too slow. My heart or chest does feel a little uncomfortable though.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong? and What to do?

5 comments:

  1. misscacazzy - very unlikely be your heart as pain from heart is dull and would most likely go down your right arm,plus you feel very weak..i would say it a muscle in chest area you pulled maybe due to coughing

    ReplyDelete
  2. aziz - sounds like muscle pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica - Agree with the other two answers,it's muscular

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roy Mccormick - People may say its nothing which is likely to be true,BUT you should still tell your parents just to be on the safe side,not saying there is anything wrong but just because your only 13 does not mean you are exempt from a heart problem on here its EASY to say not to worry but you need to get it check just for peace of mind i did and i'm glad i did i was ok so do this tell your parents first then see your Dr.Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph - It could be heartburn, also known as acid reflux. It happens when stomach acid can reflux, or seep, into the esophagus and cause a burning sensation. Some things that can cause this is acidic or spicy foods, overeating, smoking, drinking alcohol, or other conditions. If this happens often tell your doctor and they can give you medicine to help. For now if you have this pain, you can try taking a few tums. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete