Monday, November 7, 2011

Why Do I Suddenly Have Hives?!?

396545383 I'm twenty years old and I've never had hives before that I noticed, but this morning I've got them in all sorts of strange places. If it was an allergy I don't know what it would be should the hive locations be an indication of that. I had some yellow curry last night at a mom and pop Thai restaurant for the first time, but the ingredients are all things I've had before, some very recently (yes, I know it's possible to just suddenly become allergic to something), and I didn't have any reactions until this morning. I just moved to Anchorage about four days ago, but I've been here twice before. I'll just say where all of the hives are in case you guys recognize a pattern I don't.
On the outside of my elbows
On rings around the tops of my calves (I wear cute tall socks)
On my scalp, especially towards the bottom back
In a single spot almost dead center on my mid-lower back
On the underside, inner eyebrow areas
For about six inches of the crease where my legs meet my torso, front side
A two inch line on my neck that's parallel with the ground when standing

There are a couple small spots around each main affected areas, which are in pretty solid patches, especially on my calves where the hives kind of mimic the pattern of my socks at the top.

I'm not sure what suddenly brought this on but it's weirding me out a little bit. o_O Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Brooke - Hives means an allergic reaction, and you are right, allergies can develop at any time – even to things you already have eaten for years without any problem.

    Hope this helps:)

    ReplyDelete