Monday, November 7, 2011

Why Did My Dentist Send Me To An Endodontist In The First Place?

396545381 I need a root canal and my dentist told me he's going to send me to an endodontist. I had no clue what they were but went anyways. The cost of a root canal was 1000, but my insurance covered 80% so it wasn't too big of a deal. However, when I went to see the endodontist I didn't have a good experience, so I left and let my dentist know. I asked him for a different person to do the root canal, than he said no need for that he would just do it. The cost through him was only $343!! I don't understand why he even sent me there in the first place. Does that mean he isn't good at them and I should find someone else?

1 comment:

  1. Lisa - $343, thats REALLY cheap... but some dentist pick and choose what teeth they like to do depending on were the tooth is, how accessible the tooth is do you have a large filling or crown already in it... some just dont like doing certain teeth but if they have to they can.. and endodontist does RCT everyday, your general dentist does them... a few times a week maybe? so who do you think would be better and quicker? obviously, endo. but it doesnt mean you dentist will be bad at it.

    ReplyDelete