Monday, November 7, 2011

Breast Cancer Story...please Help?

396545116 Hello everyone,
I just lost my mother to breast cancer (it will be one month tomorrow)
Although she passed away and can't have a survivor story her story with the battle of cancer is amazing
and me and my siblings want to find a way to get it out to wide spread audiences.
I was wondering if any of you knew who I could contact that could help us possibly tell and spread our mother's story.
I was thinking Oprah but I know she no longer has the Oprah show.
Please help in anyway you can
Thank you in advance.

3 comments:

  1. A - Contact your local newspaper (the editor) and explain your objective to them (a synopsis of the story and why you want it told) and ask if they'd have any writer who would like to write the story and put it in the paper.

    Without knowing the whole story and why you want your mother's battle broadcast (like what is the message you're trying to relay), maybe still contact Oprah because there might be one of her shows that can work it in. Lisa Ling on the OWN channel does stories about "Our America" and cancer is a part of our culture, so maybe she could do a whole episode on it.

    Look into the cancer society websites to see if they have online message boards where you could post the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - I am terribly sorry about your loss. Try the Susan G. Komen foundation. Perhaps you could do the cancer walk to raise money for the cure. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moderate Somber - All major lung associations have stories of the loved ones who fought and survive as long as they could. You could sign up with one of them and relay your mom's story and also about how the survivors feel and cope with the loss.

    ReplyDelete