Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New House, Have Been Sneezing Since I Got Here, Just Saw A Mouse. Allergy?

396545383 I'm allergic to cats, rabbits and other furry animals (to face-swelling asthma attack proportions) and since I moved into my new house (yesterday) I've been sneezing a lot and have really bloodshot eyes. I just saw a mouse running out of my room and am now wondering if that's the cause of my allergy. How can I stop the reaction without putting down traps? (My roommates have been living here longer and just lock up their food and are fine, so I don't want to make a big fuss.) I really don't want to be allergic to my bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. Ryder - If it is a brand new house, as in just built, there could be a lot of dust causing almost anyone to sneeze and this will go away with time. But there is also a possibility if the house had previous owners that they had pets and the pet hair is bothering you. For now, Id recommend taking allergy medicine and cleaning the house. Eventually you will adjust and it wont bother you any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee - It could well be a mouse allergy but could also be dust mite - I am guessing if it has mice then it probably isn't that clean. I would take an antihistamine, get your self some gloves and a face mask and clean your room from top to bottom, damp dust all surfaces , wash all textiles and open windows to air the room. Put your own pillow and duvet etc on the bed and if the problem persists try some humane mouse traps from the hardware store- good luck

    ReplyDelete