Friday, September 30, 2011

Do You Think I Could Be Developing Diabetes?

396545384 Hey

So, I'm 20, classed as obese but i'm working on it (lost three stones so far) and lately I've been wondering if I could be developing diabetes.

My mum is diabetic (type 2, was on tablet control recently changed to insulin) and my grandmother was the same.

Lately (in the past month) I have been feeling the need to urinate A LOT, like waaay more than usual. At first, I thought maybe a UTI infection but I was perscribed anti biotics over two weeks ago and I am still feeling the urge to urinate alot, especially at night time (I used to be able to sleep for almost 10 hours easilly without waking up to urinate, now I'm lucky if I manage two hours) Also, I've had the extreme thirst, and tonight I've been feeling extremely dizzy, and since my mum is diabetic i've been keeping an eye on my glucose levels and it was like 4.5 or something, after food. I have heard that it's between 4-7 but I'm not sure if that's pre food / post food to be normal. I was wondering if the dizzyness was related to the glucose level. The highest level I've had has been 7.5.

I have a doctor's appointment in a few days but what do you guys think? Any ideas on the dizzyness especially?

Thanks guys.

1 comment:

  1. Tabea - Those blood sugar levels look perfectly normal to me.

    Congratulations on the weight loss. However, diabetes is not caused by being overweight. The most important risk factors are genes, ethnic origin and age - and these are all unchangeable factors.

    ReplyDelete