Thursday, September 29, 2011

Curing A Black Toenail?

396545389 Hi, so as my title says, curing a black toenail, my second toe on my right foot grows out real thick and dark brownish color, and there is no odor to it, which I highly doubt it is fungus and before anyone tells me to just consult a podiatry, I really honestly just want to know from personal experience on how anyone has cured this if they had this problem before. Honestly I feel a bit self conscious when wearing flip flops. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

2 comments:

  1. isWatitiS - just go to a foot doc and find out what to do, stop being stupid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harald - A black toenail is a sign of trauma to the toe (under the toenail). It goes black because the trauma has burst some tiny blood vessels under the nail and it stains the underside of the toenail.
    See http://www.toenail-care.com/nail-problems.html
    If it is a severe case the nail will come loose and fall off, if not so severe it will eventually grow out but as toenails take about 9 months to grow from base to tip then you can see it will take some time.
    There is no cure, the nail is damaged and needs to repair itself.
    You must take care of your toe while it recovers.

    ReplyDelete