Saturday, August 20, 2011

Would Eating This Much Sugar Cause This .. ?

396545384 I went to the doctor recently for a urine test for a UTI. They found a 3 ( i think it meant +3 ) of sugar in it, so I thought that I was eating too much sugar. So, I calculated how much total sugar I ate that day and it was 66-74g in total. I did some research and it showed that most teens eat 119g of sugar per day. Would my total sugar levels indicate why I got this on the test ?? By the way, I ate these about 2-3 hours before I got the test done. I'm turning 13 in a month. Help?!

1 comment:

  1. syl c. - Glucose only shows up in the urine once it has reached high levels in your blood.
    Anything below 10mmol/L (180 mg/dl) will not show up so besides it’s uselessness for detecting hypos, all it will tell you is that your control is not working.

    Exact readings are impossible as the colour coding is just an indication of what range your BG’s are - so you may know ‘okay, low, high, very high’ but this is a tad vague, especially if you are looking for tight control. Even 'okay' only shows that your blood glucose is below 10mmol/L (180 mg/dl)

    Urine glucose does not give you any indication of how a particular substance affects your glucose levels at the time of consuming it.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete