Thursday, August 25, 2011

Questions About Dental Braces?

396545381 when i was 13, i got my 1st-molar extracted in my upper teeth... and later i noticed that my teeth gradually moved filling the space in the extracted teeth.. so, overall, i just lost 1 tooth, btw, all my wisdom's has already in place..:) ..

and now, im 18...
last May, i got my braces, and the dentist extracted two molars in my lower teeth.. so, in total, 3 teeth was removed..

so,how come could the dentist allign my bite yet supposedly 4 teeth must get extracted to be equal
for now, the doctor said, that, in the first 4months, he will focus on my crooked teeth..

My question is, Will the doctor Extract ONE TOOTH to make it 4?
My case is that
upper ---- 1 tooth
lower --- 2
so in total 3?

WOULD THE DOCTOR EXTRACT ANOTHER TOOTH ????

anyway, just ignore my grammar ,just in case :)

2 comments:

  1. mina Zamora - It is very possible that the dentist might want to pull another tooth.it all depends on the possition of your teeth right now and what he wants to accomplish. Unfortunetly as you get older it takes longer to close gaps(mine took 1 year) and with braces it is done by using a power chain.power chain is one big band that connects to all the bracket.nways its not painfull to have teeth removed just really annoying to have that gap.gluck and u can always call and ask your dentist about any questions you may have

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Akhil - since the upper teeth shifted into the space ,now only lower 2 teeth will solve the problem.
    since the uppwer jaw has become short due to previous extraction,the lower jaw will also be needed to be shortened so that balance is maintained b/w the jaws.1 tooth from both sides from the lower jaw will be extracted and front teeth pulled back.

    ReplyDelete