Sunday, August 28, 2011

Retainer Questions? Will Vote Best Answer?

396545381 I got my essix retainers Wednesday. The top one has loosen perfect, but I think the bottom one is a lil bit loose on me. Also the bottom one I rubbing my and its hurting to talk because of it.
1) is that normal and will my tongue get used to it or do I need to go back to ortho?
2) if I go back to the ortho, could he make me a hawley retainer for the bottom and just keep my top essix?
3) how long do you normally have to where your retainers 24/7?

1 comment:

  1. Alex Z-vest - Your bottom one should be the way your top one is, perfect. It is too loose so what will happen is you just go to your orthodontist and he can make it tighter. Yes, if it hurts to talk with it go to your orthodontist. It also just may hurt because you got it a few days ago so that may be why you think it's loose.
    1) No it's not normal so go to your orthodontist tomorrow or as soon as possible.
    2) This questions depends on how bad your teeth were. Yes, usually if you ask them they will do that for you but it may take a few days so your teeth may shift back just a tad.
    3) Usually you have to wear them 24/7 for about 6 months to a year but it usually depends on the teeth.

    Hope I helped and good luck with your retainers!! :)

    ReplyDelete