Saturday, August 20, 2011

What Are Long Term Side Effects Of Untreated Fire Ant Stings?

396545389 I was tanning in my yard [i usually tan with bug spray on, but did not this time] and a fire ant got underneath my arm and stung it.
Now it has been more than 24 hours since the sting, and I now have 3 welts in a cluster on my arm.
I have not done any treatments, no AfterBite, nothing.
The spots are really itchy.
What should I do? Should I worry?

Also, how can I get rid of fire ants? I will resort to Agent Orange if needed..

1 comment:

  1. Susie Q - Q) What are long term side effects of untreated fire ant stings?

    A) Typically nothing. No don't worry at all. If you were to have a serious reaction, it would have happened already.

    Here's what I did for the itching. It worked every time. I scratched them with a soft bristled brush of some sort. After a few min. the itching went away never to return. The bumps never broke from that method. The bumps will form white heads and burst and go away on their own.

    For your yard you want to be careful if you have a pet. If no pet, there's all sorts of treatments. The more reliable is probably professional. Fighting the fire ants is like a losing battle, but I seem to remember using a spray-on treatment one year that worked very well. It was the kind that had a bottle that attached to the hose. I bought it at the hardware store or discount store. But then you wouldn't want to lay on your newly sprayed grass or even close to it. You'd need a lounge chair and don't walk barefoot in the grass. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete