Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Have Bruises On My Legs?

396545116 I have 4 bruises on my leg that came out of nowhere...been there for maybe 5 days they seem to be healing but the one on my calve which was the biggest (slightly bigger than a ping pong ball)...was dark and was even hard to the touch....now it looks like purple ring...and it still has hard center and itches like crazy...I am anemic but never had bruising because of it....I guess what I need to know is how long it takes bruises to heal?...and when I should start to get worried about them?...do people who are anemic usually get them often?....THANKS AHEAD OF TIME!! ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Annie - Sounds like bruising alright. Bruises do fade in time - the trick is to not reinjure yourself in the same place.

    The more common causes of bruising include: iron deficiency anemia; hypothyroidism; or a decreased number of platelets (small blood cells needed to clot blood). Bruising can also occur as a side effect of some medications like cortisone.

    Bruising, especially in young women, can occur if the person in question has what is called Von Willebrand's disease, which can be diagnosed only through special blood testing; approximately 1/100 are thought to have this, but only a small number are diagnosed because it doesn't cause enough trouble to warrant detailed investigation.

    If you are feeling concerned about the amount of bruising you're having, talk to your doctor and get tests done. Make sure you take pictures as evidence, if there is any delay between the time the bruise occurs and the time of your appointment.

    ReplyDelete