Saturday, December 10, 2011

What Is Having A Blood Test Like?

396545384 I'm having my first blood test tomorrow morning (at like 6:30) and I don't know what I'm supposed to do before the test... Do I not eat or drink? How long can I not eat? I have 4 hours of soccer conditioning (mostly running) so will I have to cancel? How much blood is drawn? Will it make me faint and can I still exercise later on in the day? Any advice and tips would be help ful... Thanks... I'm not scared of blood btw.

My dad was joking that they would take .5 a gallon... so that kinda freaked me out. I don't like his sense of humor....

4 comments:

  1. Needful Sinner - My mom was sick with something once so they took my blood to do tests to make sure I wasn't sick too - i wasn't, and the blood test was casual. It's just a needle, no biggie.

    If you couldn't eat or drink they'd have told you, if they didn't its not a problem
    It's just a blood test, they don't take much - no fainting or anything like that; you won't even notice it.
    Only tip I got is it's no big deal, but just don't look as they do it is you're worried - it'll be over in minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kmt1987 - If they didnt tell you to fast then i would eat just a small healthy breakfast. They will put i needle on your arm and pull blood into a few tubes or more. You can probably excersise later but it all depends on how much they take. you shouldnt faint. you may feel light headed which is normal. but ask them about if you should excersise later. good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey Skittles - Just don't look. You don't even feel it. They invented a new needle, called the butterfly needle. I am a needlephobic. But they told me not to look, I didn't even know they did it. Good luck, it will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope - Sometimes you have to fast before a blood draw, even if it's being tested for Diabetes. I used to be afraid of blood draw needles, but I now realized that they are not so bad! Try drinking water before your blood test, that's what I do.

    ReplyDelete