Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stress Or Is There Something Wrong?

396545385 A couple of weeks ago, I started having a tightness in my chest and back. The last couple of days it's been feeling like nails going through the upper left side of my body. Also having pain in my forearm and thigh. Been getting really light-headed, tired, and dizzy as well. Could this all be contributed to stress or should I be concerned? If something were really wrong, something would have happened by now, right?

More info, I'm 24 and weigh about 250 lbs. Yes, I do have a family history of heart problems and have had a heart murmur since birth. I'm working on getting the weight down; yes, I know it's dangerous.

Any REAL answers would be great! Thanks...

3 comments:

  1. AJS - I am in similar situation. My condition has also made me have anger issues which did not help when seeing a doctor yesterday.
    When all the doctor does is ask you questions without getting any tests or puts you on medications that you tell him doesn't work how do you not get angry?

    Harder getting a good doctor than quitting smoking. I know I have been through both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan - could be muscle fatigue and the dizziness is probably caused by stress or no sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lennienahra - Definitely stress could cause these symptoms, but to be on the safe side, please consult with you Dr. There are painless non invasive tests that he can run to see if you have heart disease. Once you go to the Dr. and he reassures you, you will start to feel better.

    ReplyDelete