Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Friend Says That She Has A Mole That Will Turn Into Cancer In A Few Years. Is That Actually Possible?

396545116 We had a heated argument over a joke she made about cancer about a month ago, ''As long as you don't get cancer and die lol!'' and I got upset, she saw and said ''Cancer happens, people die, get over it'' my Grandad is soon dead 2 years due to cancer, so I had to confront her about it. She kept telling me to get over it and I said that I got over it, it's just when she brings it back up like that it makes me remember it, especially since it's actually 23 months today since he died.. then she stated that she HAS CANCER, she said she has a mole that will eventually turn into cancer and that she's had it for a long time but her mother only told her a few months ago. I asked why she didn't get the mole removed, she said it was too expensive...? In my opinion parents would give a crap and get the surgery done if it's life threatening.. Anyway. I just want to know if she's bullshitting it or if it's actually possible.
Oh and by the way, i'm 16 and she's still only 15.

6 comments:

  1. Krystabella - Having a mole does not automatically mean you have cancer. You would need to have it checked out by a doctor and biopsied, to prove that it is cancerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audie - moles can become cancerous. anyone with a lot of moles or a singular large dark mole should have it examined by a doctor yearly. as far as her get over it attitude, that will change . and you grieve as long as you need to over the loss of your grandfather. it is your right to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie Q - Tell your friend to read this. --- She is full of it.
    A doctor will not tell her that a mole will eventually turn cancerous.
    He will examine the mole if it appears suspicious or look for any change or appearance over time. If there is a change the doctor will do a biopsy to check for cancerous mole. As far as her parents
    she probably hasn't even discussed cost for a doctor to look at this mole.
    If this friend keeps it up find a new one. Any body who makes a joke or lies
    about cancer does not have a clue on the facts of cancer.
    I lost both parents & friends to cancer. ( its nothing to joke about)

    ReplyDelete
  4. april - Unless she can see into the future, she's full of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tia - No one can possibly know what moles will turn to cancer. My partner had 2 very suspicious moles removed that were fine, and my Mum had one removed that was cancer. Because it's in my family history, I am at risk. That's not to say that I ever will get skin cancer - I may not. I'm pretty sure any parents who thought their kid had skin cancer would beg, borrow or steal to make sure they were okay. I think she's full of rubbish, and she's very inconsiderable with the things she said.

    ReplyDelete