Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Difference Between Cold And Allergies?!?

396545383 So..I have pretty much all the symptoms of a cold...A bit of a stuffy nose, a bit of a runny nose, itchy/dry throat, spitting out dark green mucus (ew!)...but I feel fine!

I don't have bad allergies, but I have had some incidences with allergies..

All of this started out with a dry/itchy throat...It started on Thursday, since then my throat has been bothering me. Yesterday I woke up with a stuffy nose (Its normal, my nose is always clogged when I wake up), it cleared out throughout the day.

This morning I woke up with a little bit of crust on my nose (ew!!) AND a stuffy nose, which, again, cleared out when I got up..

So..what is this? Don't you usually feel bad when you have a cold? I feel fine..!

2 comments:

  1. ChemoAngel - Sounds like you have a Mild Cold. Mine is full throttle. I have all of your symptoms plus Laryngitis. I am glad you feel find, consider that a mild cold and cross your fingers it doesn't get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat - Well as you may know a cold is a virus where allergies are a reaction to something in your environment or ingested that your body can not tolerate so histamines begin being over produced causing the symptoms you are/may be experiencing. There are a large number of people dealing with allergies presently that seem to be causing some problems with the sinuses. If you are indeed one of these people then an OTC sinus medication that contains a decongestant should be helpful for your symptoms. When the sinuses are producing an over abundance of mucus you will have a stuffy nose, crusty nose, an itchy throat that may cause a cough and if infection is brewing the discharge may be discolored (like the dark green you are seeing).

    Please try some Zinc in case it is a cold and take the OTC Sinus medications with decongestant. This should bring you some relief.

    Hope this helps....good luck!!

    ReplyDelete