Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bp 75/42 Pulse 112 What's Going On?

396545385 I'm an 18 year old female. I dont drink or smoke and the only medication I'm on is my birth control. I was born with a heart murmur and still have it but for some reason my pulse is always in the high 90's and low 100's. My blood pressure has been dropping. I did an EKG yesterday atthe doctor and it came out abnormal so now I have to go in for an echocardiograph. Does anyone know what this could be?
Not dehydrated. I drink tons water.

2 comments:

  1. Gertie - You could be dehydrated. Dehydration causes your heart rate to increase to compensate for your low blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules S - I ran into the same problems that you are when I turned 18. My murmur got worse because puberty ended. My cardiologist said that it is somewhat common. Without more details about how the EKG was abnormal I can't say for sure what is going on though.

    ReplyDelete