Thursday, October 6, 2011

Would This Be Diabetes?

396545384 I'm 14 Okay and I'm Obese yes, and right off I'm not going to lie I drink Coke ALOT since I was 5 and little water, I have a horrible diet. BUT I I'm making a huge effort in trying to get healthy, and been walking drinking more water, and things here lately. But I'm not in as bad as health as you would think I am.

But anyway I get dizzy head aches and feel weak sometimes and shaky and >one time< a day and 1/2 of my stomach kind of hurting and I usually have frequent increased heart rate. But My blood pressure and everything is regular my heart rates right on the mark when I feel okay.. Usually the weird stuff will be after I have a Coke or something but sometimes it just happens. I haven't been feeling good and my ears have been bothering me and I've been kind of congested. So I was thinking it might be just a small stroll of a slight cold because the weather is seriously changing alot from Hot cold Hot cold Hot cold. Because I've read the symptoms of it but I didn't really fit ANY of the Early signs besides frequent urination and thats always been me especially here lately I've been drinking a TON of water. Theres only been 2 cases of Diabetes in my family and that was my grandpa (Who they didn't even really acknowledge it was so minor) and my uncle (Same scenerio but a little worse) both who are 40-70 years old. I do get headaches a lot (Always have) but Ibruprofen usually helps (Sometimes I think its the swig of ice cold water that gets it) So is it possible I'm feeling a mix of dehydration, Sugar rush, and cold? I am the type though that I worry, and my mom thinks I have anxiety and said she thinks alot of it is created by my extreme stressful worrying all the time about my health.
I'm not like most obese people who move a arm and out of breath, I'm in excellent health in activness I can keep up with everyone fine and out run my brother easily and simply take a deep breath and be fine
Reason I worry and stress is because I have alot of ideas and goals that I want to accomplish in my life and I don't want to be restricted by Diet and being a Heart attack or Coma waiting to happen. I want to get my self back on track get healthy and start persuing alot of them ideas at a young age so I'll be better at them. And I won't even be able to do some of that If I have a bunch of problems because of my poor choice as a kid :(
I don't drink water because I crave it, I've been drinking it because it clears my head makes me feel refreshed plus I've been out working on my car every day and doing alot of handiwork around the place

3 comments:

  1. Tony - I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I craved lots of water. I got the shakes when my sugar was low. My vision was weird too. I cant see far away but for a little bit of time I could and I couldnt see to read which I always was able to read close up. Its back to normal now. Get your blood sugar tested by someone that has a meter. It should be close to 100. When I first did a test, mine was almost 600. Best thing thouh is to go to a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. matador 89 - June Plaza,
    You will find that if you could stop drinking all fizzy canned drinks and drink only water, fruit juices and a little milk (if you are able), your symptoms would stop in a fairly short time. You may also find that if you continue with this regime, your weight would start to adjust. Obesity is one of the criteria for diabetes. You should research your diet and start to eat what is termed as a ‘proper’ diet, cutting out fast foods, fried foods, sweet foods and sweets, (dark unsweetened chocolate is OK, if you can eat chocolate), until your condition starts to improve. Keep a check on your blood glucose levels and your blood pressure. Continue with your present exercise regime and, when appropriate, increase the speed and distance of your regular walks. Keep your posture in an upright position when you are standing and walking with your chin up, your stomach in as far as you are able and your shoulders back. Worry and stress cause problems for your body and will make your condition worse. Try to think positively ALL the time, discard all negative thoughts. You WILL lose weight, You WILL become more fit. You WILL do whatever you wish to do if you try but only if you REALLY want to do it. I wish you well and hope that you will be successful in your efforts. Don’t forget - You are the custodian of your Life – no-one else has that power.


    ALL ANSWERS SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED, IN ANY FORUM AND ESPECIALLY IN THIS ONE. - MANY ANSWERS ARE FLAWED.

    It is extremely important to obtain an accurate diagnosis before trying to find a cure. Many diseases and conditions share common symptoms.


    The information provided here should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.


    Hope this helps
    matador 89

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabea - Nobody can diagnose you over the Internet. If you are worried, please get your blood sugar tested.

    Diabetes is not caused by being overweight or not exercising enough. There are many people who are of normal weight, eat healthily, and exercise, and they still have diabetes.

    ReplyDelete