Saturday, October 1, 2011

Would Metformin And Exercise Be A Good Combo For Diet?

396545384 Ok, I have a higher BMI and my blood sugar level is higher than normal, I'm already on a regular walking exercise. And bcoz of my blood sugar, (I think I maybe at risk for type 2 diabetes) I think my doctor will be asking me to take metformin...(I Haven't seen a doctor btw). I just want to know if the medicine will give me bad/good effect? (I know i should just be asking the doctor this, i just want to know your opinions, anyway, I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow )
Thank you for your very kind answers...It'll all be appreciated...
@Noll: isn't Acomplia associated w/ depression and suicidal thoughts??
Did Noll just deleted his answer??? or somebody else did??

1 comment:

  1. Martha Zimmer - Some diabetic medications can make it harder to lose weight, but metformin hasn't been shown to do that. But if you exercise and cut down on the amount and number of high glycemic foods you eat (things like white bread, desserts, potato chips and fast food), you may never have to take metformin, and that would be great!

    Losing a few pounds and lowering their BMI has gotten about 50% of people out of that risk category. Go for it, and take care.

    ReplyDelete