Monday, October 17, 2011

What Is Considered Worse For Oral Health Out Of These Two Products?

396545381 TOBACCO CIGARETTES or PROCESSED CONFECTIONARY?
I had an interesting conversation with a smoker yesterday while waiting for my bus. She decided to light up her cigarette next to me and start smoking and because there were no restrictions at the bus stop against smoking I kindly asked her to smoke elsewhere because of my asthma issue. She apologised and just put the cigarette out and said she'll save it for work. I thanked her and offered her a mint candy because her breath was so rancid I could barely stand that aswell. Not that my breath is always perfect. My point is, I grew up always being told by other adults, never my parents, that "sweets are bad for your teeth" and every time I want to by candy that saying always holds me back. But I ignore and buy candy anyway because lets face it, they are tiny morsels of deliciousness that fill your mouth and mind with sweet delight and satisfaction. I love to savor every morsel by letting each piece slowly melt into the tastebuds of my tongue and allowing it to coat my entire mouth with each unique burst of individual flavour. I'm indulging in feijoa drops as I am typing and cannot even begin to fathom how people can not or never have a jar of candy in their homes.

Sorry to sound like an infomercial for candy but I do need to know if I am actually doing more harm than good by consuming my candy delights.

1 comment:

  1. Abracadabra - i'll have what your having thanks. you really know how to sell your candy. look there is no evidence other than from people whose oral health has deteriorated as a result of EXCESSIVE consumption of say tobacco and sweets coupled with lack of oral care as in brushing and flossing on a regular basis. and you know that moderation is the key to living a relatively healthy lifestyle that includes treating yourself with those things that delight you. i think what people meant to say was not to eat too many sweets in one serving and to always make sure your oral health is priority when it comes to placing anything for that matter in your mouth. dental practitioners would normally instruct you to ensure that brushing daily at least twice as well as flossing will maintain a healthy smile between each visit to the dentist. I only need to see mine once a year unless of course some considerable amount of works needs to be done to protect me from oral diseases. you sound like a happy individual with candy, and I for one would have to stand by you in saying that people love sweets and who are we to deprive eachother of them?

    ReplyDelete