Sunday, October 9, 2011

Should Cancer Patients Let Hair Naturally Shed Till They Are Bald Or Shave Off Last Few Patches?

396545116 My friend's cousin has cancer. She has a few patches of thin hair left on her head and she's been wondering if she should just shave it all off or leave it to naturally all shed off. She wants to know what is best for her. Thanks in advance <3
Wait a minute...there's a risk of infection if you shave it? Anybody else know anything of that? Don't want her to get infection and regret everything :[

4 comments:

  1. Gilda - It's up to her. I would never do it, but if it's just a little and is annoying, no harm in doing it. It won't hurt anything if she did or didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinkingtime - She shouldn't shave it for fear of infection. Clippers might be OK, if someone is very careful.

    Edit: People with cancer have depressed immune systems because of the treatments.. Small cuts from a razor could infect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel70 - Personally I got tired of having it fall out and get everywhere. It felt good to finally just get rid of all of it and throw on a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tarkarri - Personal choice.

    My sister only had thinning of her hair, so left it alone.

    I lost 99% of my hair over a 36 hour period, so I had the last tufts shaved off as they looked worse than no hair at all.

    ReplyDelete