Friday, October 21, 2011

My Nephew Is Coming To Stay At Out Home.. He Can't Have Gluten, Wheat Or Corn.. What Can I Cook For Him? ? Th?

396545383 This is recent so my sister hasn't figured it out either. This is so frustrating. He is a
Picky eater to begin with.. I mean.. I'm not kidding when I say that this boy would rather starve then eat more then half of the foods in this entire world! He likes pasta, bread and corn but now he can't have any of those!! He can still have rice which he loves but I don't feel like he's eating enough with just that.
I looked up gluten free waffles but there is still the wheat issue.
So, anyone know any gluten free, wheat free and corn free foods/recipes I can try?
Thanks :)
All I know is his doctor said no more pastas at all.. of any kind.
And no bread..
I have heard that there is gluten free flour?
But all flour contains wheat doesn't it?

So, he's allergic to wheat, gluten and corn..
I'm just having a hard time finding recipes that is free of all 3.

3 comments:

  1. Mary Kontrarry - If you have a Whole Foods nearby, they'll have LOTS of gluten free, wheat free, and corn free items.

    Some major grocery chains also carry some of these items.

    Looking on the actual internet, I found LOTS of websites that have gluten-free recipes. Here's one I found: http://www.myrecipes.com/gluten-free-recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicale - There is usually a gluten free section in your local store, I know price chopper, hannaford have one. You can get gluten free Mac and cheese, cookies, pasta, cake, brownies, pizza. If there isn't a section in you store search gluten free stores in your area. There should be one around.

    I found out I was allergic to wheat about 2 months ago. I make rice, pasta with sauce, Mac and cheese, chicken tenders (with gluten free bread crums) the smile potato fries don't have a wheat coating. Those are all pretty kid friendly.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Blush* - Not all flours contain wheat, some are made from different grains, or even potato! They can be more expensive, but if it's not a long visit, it might be worth looking into. If you have a really good grinder, you can even make your own flour by grinding almonds into a fine powder. My old room mate used to do that :) You can also find gluten free pastas or noodles made of eggs instead of wheat. Look for an Asian supermarket for these things. Always read the labels carefully though, since wheat is often used as a filler
    Most kids like a good homemade chili and this should be safe for him. You can also try making a lasagna or other pasta dish with potato instead of noodles. If you add enough cheese, he probably wouldn't even notice ;) there are lots of things you can do with pototoes! Also scrambled eggs are pretty kid friendly, he might like a stir fry with rice, or you could make dishes with chicken and veggies (ones he likes lol)

    ReplyDelete