Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Face Itches So Bad. Red, Flaky, Patches Around My Mouth/nose?

396545389 I'm no stranger to eczema, I've had it before. I think this may be different. I have red patches around my nose and mouth. They itch like crazy and burn if I scratch. The skin also flakes off, oozes yellow, and also bleeds. I've had them for about 7 months now and it's unbearable, it keeps me up late at night itching and I look like I have acne in public. I've tried Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream, anti-fungal cream, Vaseline, Curel, Aveeno, and Cetaphil. This usually occurs during the winter or when I'm highly stressed.
I don't have a digicam, took a photo with a friends camera phone, it came out bad. But you can kind of see the pinkness on each side of my nostrils and under my mouth.
http://imageshack.us/f/513/95621155.jpg
What do you think it is? How would you treat it?
Dead skin does fall off if I keep itching. If I use a wash cloth or something to remove the dry/dead skin patches I'm left with skin that burns and oozes yellow stuff :-\ Then eventually bleeds.

2 comments:

  1. taalii123 - It is irritated dead skin. Scrub with a washcloth regularly, clears up most things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zanna - This sounds a lot like psoriasis but for someone who's had long term problems like yourself, it may pay off to visit a dermatologist.

    If you can tolerate it, can you gently exfoliate the area with an exfoliating glove? Wetting it with warm water, putting the gentle cleanser like Cetaphil on it and rubbing in gentle circular motions for a while. Then after patting dry, applying a gentle moisturiser like vitamin E cream. After half an hour or so when the vitamin E cream has 'settled' apply a mild urea cream like QV heel balm. Doing this twice a day untill it settles down and then reducing how much you do it.

    Obviously if this seems to only make it worse, stop immediately but it may take a while to get into the dermatologist so you've got plenty of time to try different things.

    Also asking the doctor for allergy tests to things you would have around the affected areas like foods and drinks.

    Maybe experiment with applying a barrier cream on the affected areas regularly, especially before eating and drinking.

    Keep taking your anti-histamines in the mean time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete