Saturday, October 15, 2011

Malocclusion..thumb Sucking . Don't Not Judge Me.. No Hate Comment .?

396545381 OK . hi every one

i have being sucking my thumb since i was a baby .my mother never encourage me to stop even tho i have a older brother who stop sucking his thumb and age 25 ,i am now 18 years of age and i am still sucking my thumb i want to stop so badly but i can't (it is really hard to do) even right now as i am typing i have the urged to suck it , i have a boy friend but he doesn't know i do so but he knows i used ( i am very hygienic and a little O.C.D when it come to hygiene i brush 4 type a day and see a dentist every 9 months causing i never want to have bad breath even tho no one i has ever tell me i have cause i don't i try to prevent it )

ok here is the problem i i have a malocclusion (A malocclusion is a misalignment of teeth and/or incorrect relation between the teeth of the two dental arches.) or in other words i have buck teeth my mother said she will try to get brace for me if i stop ( my dentist said that braces might work or surgery) i don't want surgery i am little scared of , i don't know why but i am ..
*QUESTIONS
wat do you think do you think my malocclusion / buck teeth can be fix for me to get back the smile i have always wanted ??

or should i get surgery ?

can braces work ?

how can i STOP sucking my thumb??

Thank you

3 comments:

  1. Ms Spook - If you care about your teeth stop. The suction from such your thumb is going to pull your teeth very far forward to form to your thumb after a while. Get a taste deterant. Something you can't stand the taste of and associate it with sucking your thumb. Like hot sauce.

    Or think about the fact that of you don't stop you'll have "horse teeth"

    ReplyDelete
  2. kid - To stop sucking your thumb putting your thumb in hot sauce or vinegar might work, something you absolutely dislike the taste of. Or you can try just painting your thumbnails as the paint chips taste nasty. It worked for my nail biting habit so it might work for your thumb sucking.
    You might also just be orally fixated, try keeping a tooth pick or something you can chew on in your mouth.
    Braces take time to get your teeth normal again but a lot safer than surgery. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kisty01 - I got braces and they worked, I also did so much damage sucking my thumb i had to have my jaw re-set. I stopped sucking my thumb when I was 21 and they went a little crooked again, but it does work. You gotta stop. I know it's super hard but cutting down will make it easy. I slept at my boyfriends for a month while I kicked the habit cos he didnt know and I wouldn't tell him.

    Goodluck

    ReplyDelete