Sunday, October 16, 2011

Major Bad Breath Problems.... Please Help Me!?

396545381 this is an embarrassing topic for me... but i'm hoping you guys could help.
so i've had problems with bad breath my whole life, and my dad has too. (could it be genetic?)
and nothing I do seems to work!
Sometimes i'll even brush my teeth three times, and brush my tongue and floss hardcore,
but then my breath just smells like the toothpaste! no matter how many times i rinse.
i tried the scope mouthwash, hoping that would help,
but all it did was make my breath smell like stale alchohol/mouthwash.
i wish my breath would just not smell like anything, you know?
but I can't get rid of it! I even rinse with plain water sometimes, but then my breath smells
like the minerals and stuff in the water...
I don't get it! I drink tons of water everyday, and i'm completely healthy.
this has been a major part of my low self confidence, and i'm afraid to stand too close to people..
please help me :(

4 comments:

  1. doncena - maybe it could be a tooth thats gone bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hegel - I am not sure if I understand part of your problem, but isn't the whole point of buying lets say for arguments sake Colgate's mint-like toothpaste to have your breath smell like the toothpaste (mint-like/ minty fresh) and not morning breath or onions per se? You should brush your teeth and ask someone to smell your breath because generally speaking your breath is meant to smell like the toothpaste you are using ( in other words just like the grand majority of low self esteem inducing problems it is all in your head).

    Well otherwise
    These are home remedies some friends seemed to use when I was in middle school (after a few incidents with bad breath) that worked for them anyways or that I use whenever I eat onions or the like and I know I will be doing something close and personal with people of importance.

    Brush with baking soda or toothpaste that is made with baking soda (Colgate is pretty good or arm and hammer released a brand I believe)
    Rinse & Gargle with salt water
    5 Gum - Any mint/mint like flavor

    Edit: Otherwise it could be possible that you and your fathers case is a medical problem where the doctor has to issue prescription toothpaste specifically for people who have a history of bad breath and home remedies and such do not or will not work for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there. - it may not be your mouth at all. some people have digestion problems/stomach problems which causes bad breath. other people have tonsillitis(tonsil stones) in their tonsils that form from nasal drip getting caught in them. they are small white/yellowish "balls" that come out from the back of your throat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eypsa Koehler - Bad breath is not a disease but is symptom of disease. Apart from poor oral hygiene, it can be because of systemic problem like respiratory or gastric or liver or renal disorder. You have to refer to your dentist and or medical doctor to get the bad breath diagnosed and treated.

    ReplyDelete