Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Have A Quick Question About Allergists?

396545383 i have asthma and been to 2 different lung doctors the first one said i did not have asthma, but the second one said i did have asthma but that they were not going to treat it at all. i have had 49 asthma attacks from march of 2010 till now and from dec to july i had 3 major coughing illnesses one lasting over a month, so i feel that my asthma needs to be treated. well i was talking it over with some people who have asthma and they said i just ripped off and that i need treated. i want a nebulizer cause i feel that it will help me best with my asthma. so they told me to go to an allergist because they know asthma better then lung doctors do. so i was wondering what all an allergist would do for my asthma and what all they do in general.

so what do allergists do in general and what will they do for my asthma?

1 comment:

  1. Kelly - Seeing an allergist might not be a bad idea. They usually conduct a series of tests to find out whether you are allergic to common allergens present in the area where you live and if you do, design a treatment.
    I had allergic asthma when I was little and my parents took me to an allergist too. She made tiny cuts on my arm and after applying allergens found out that I am allergic to dust mites. After following her recommendations, my asthma was minimal by the age of 15. Now I don't even know if I still have it. I still bring my inhaler with me everywhere I go, but I haven't used it in years really. It's even past it's expiration date, hehe. But, I do start sneezing and coughing like crazy every time I sort through some dusty stuff or encounter dust somewhere.
    I hope you feel better soon too.

    ReplyDelete