Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Ate A Cantaloupe Three Days Ago?

396545383 theirs been a listeria outbreak and i've eaten a cantaloupe three days ago.. i just realized that i've had some stomach pains and muscle aches in my back and shoulder. When I was walking dog last night my stomach hurt so bad i had to go back to the house & sit on the front steps. Can anyone please tell me if somethings wrong with me?

Since 3 days have passed do you think it's probably not in my system & the shoulder pain could be from exercises i've been doing, and stomach pain just random? -
Did it now? Thanks for your incompetent useless ignorant answer.

2 comments:

  1. Matt - omg. it layed an egg inside of you. it'll hatch soon and come out of your ear

    ReplyDelete
  2. DLS - Where are you from? Are you near ground zero of the outbreak? Was the cantaloupe from Colorado? I think you're PROBABLY being paranoid - the odds of actually contracting this illness is pretty rare. Within 3 days it would have digested - and if you are doing more exercises than usual, that is a MUCH more likely cause of the pain!

    Read: "Healthy adults and children hardly ever become seriously ill from Listeria."

    You are okay, unless you're not a healthy adult. There is usually not stomach pain, just nausea and diarrhea, which it doesn't seem like you have. I'm not sure about the stomach pain. If you are truly worried it doesn't hurt to go see a doctor (especially if the stomach pain continues).

    Did this start when you heard about the outbreak? That's called hindsight perspective, and it's usually never accurate :)

    ReplyDelete