Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How To Control Diabetes?

396545384 I have type 2 diabetes. I used to be slightly over weight but since I starteded medication I am now average leaning towards underweight. My weight only changes by about 100-500 grams every 3 months. I am a 13 yr old teenage girl. I was diagnosed when I was 9. I cant seem to get my sugars in control eventhough I eat and exercise almost everyday. Sometimes I Do everything right in the day but still get high sugars. I am going through puberty and I do go throughout stress (parents shouting at me and giving me lectures on how my sugars are high, parents wanting straight A's (they wanted to put me for tutori g because I got a B in math) parents fighting and normal teen girl issues like how I look and boys) what can I do to keep my sugars in control? Why mite they b going high? What can I do about my parents? Any other advice? I will be soooooo grateful if you answer!! Thx in advance!!

4 comments:

  1. sellatieeat - You might be changing from type 2 to type 1. It doesnt seem like your body is producing insulin when you need it to. I suggest you go to your doctor and solve the situation right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FEJOA - Sorry to this, but it sounds like you have the classic symptoms that are associated with diabetes and at 13 years you shouldn't be experiencing it or maybe that is why you are experiencing it. Although diabetes in young people is common it must have been a hard 4 years for you.

    It seems to me that you are experiencing the classic signs of depression, which in turn is preventing you from controlling your diabetes. The fact that you are exercising daily is excellent, eating healthy wholegrain foods is also excellent and if not for your depression you would be able to manage your blood sugar levels.

    The solution to your problem seem to me to be that you should except what your parents are telling you, what is wrong with wanting you to get As'? Striving for excellence is great motivation to help you conquer your diabetes problem use it don't fight against it. You should litterally thank your parents and work with them.

    You should except you for what you are and how you look and the boys, they will come running. Lift the burden off yourself and the negative feelings, continue to exercise dailly and eat healthier, become a vegetarian if you can and if you do these thing you WILL be cured in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheOrange Evil - Hormones do make blood sugar difficult to control. My blood sugar is usually elevated around my period. Stress raises blood sugar, too. Whenever I am going through a stressful period, I can count on my blood sugar being higher than usual.

    Although Type 2 diabetes is being diagnosed younger and younger, you were quite young when you were diagnosed. Because you were overweight at the time, I wonder if your doctor just assumed that you had Type 2 diabetes. A friend of mine was obese when she was diagnosed Type 2. Her doctor put her on medications for Type 2 diabetes that helped her lose weight, but her blood sugar kept getting worse and worse. Eventually a new doctor tested her for Type 1 diabetes and guess what? She's Type 1, not Type 2. Her original doctor had just assumed because of the obesity that she was a Type 2.

    That COULD be your situation. If you are Type 1, your pancreas may not be producing much insulin anymore, and that could be why your blood sugar is erratic despite your best efforts. You should talk to your doctor about testing you for Type 1 diabetes. If you do have Type 1, you will need to go on insulin. If you are Type 2, then you can discuss a better treatment plan to help you control your blood sugar.

    ReplyDelete