Thursday, October 13, 2011

Could I Have Colon/bowel Cancer Or Am I Just Paranoid?

396545116 A month ago I couldn't go to the bathroom for a few days, my muscles down there just wouldn't budge.
I managed to alleviate that problem by adding more roughage to my diet and everything was ok until about 2 weeks ago.
I started have watery or loose bowel movements and feeling bloated.
This week I've been experiencing nausea and heaviness after eating meals and I've lost my appetite.
I feel gassy and stressed - I'm only 17 and my Yr.12 exams are in 2 weeks.
I'll be seeing a doctor tomorrow about this but I want to go in with a worry free mind.
Any ideas? Is it possible I have cancer or am I just stressing over nothing?
There is no blood.

4 comments:

  1. yyyyzz (wise) - You could have all three, none or one. Only the doctor can tell you. At 17 ----- I doubt cancer very, very much. More likely spastic colon.... i.e. nerves.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat. •That's all... - Hi from France ♫

    Nobody can seriously answer you on here... You must wait to see the true doctor so.. Sorry. In the meantime, you must know that cancers at 17 are very rare ! Do you have blood that comes when you poop ? Although even if the answer is yes, that could be just some hemorrhoids ...

    Have a nice day

    Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole - Your symptoms sound very much like Irritable Bowel Syndrome which is rather a nuisance but can be managed through diet, as you've already demonstrated when you took more roughage to ease your constipation. Bowel Cancer symptoms tend to remain present despite changing your diet. The symptoms of IBS typically alternate between constipation and loose motions and tends to flare up during times of stress. Are you more stressed than you realise about your forthcoming exams? I would definitely have your symptoms checked out by your doctor to be on the safe side but I must stress that it's high unlikely that you are suffering from bowel cancer. My partner recently recovered from bowel cancer and I suffer from IBS so I'm very familiar with the symptoms of both. Hope this eases your mind a little. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evil Wordmonger, LTD LOL - Nicole's answer is the best. IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is a definite possibility. I have IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) and IBS. IBS can't be diagnosed with blood tests and stool samples, but it's the only way to diagnose IBD, which is the more serious diagnosis. There are two types of IBD: Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease. Since you mentioned there is no blood involved, IBD can be ruled out.

    ReplyDelete