Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Can Night Sweats Also A Symptom Of Cancer Cells Regressing Or Dying?

396545116 Hi,

I am in my late 30's with T-Cell Lymphoma. I am aware that night sweats are symptomatic directly with lymphoma, but one oncologist has told me it may be a sign that the cancer cells are dying or regressing, and another oncologist is telling it is directly related to the cancer progressing. I have had severe night sweats throughout my 8 month ordeal, but they have been completely on and off. So far the they have started again for about a month to no end. I am also aware that the severe sweating could be due to infection and drugs being used during therapy (Velcade) as I have stopped chemo approximately 2-3 moths ago.

Other than the cancer, I feel great, am active and have been energetic with no known issues to to address.

If professional could please educate me on this as not knowing is driving me completely crazy.

Thanks!

CM

1 comment:

  1. april - I can't imagine a dr telling you either of those things... I was on chemo for almost 8 months and during and even after, your hormones will be all screwed up, hence, the night sweats. for months after my chemo was over, I woke up every morning drenched. It can also screw with your period.

    ReplyDelete