Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wisdom Teeth Pulled. Infection?

396545381 I had all my wisdom teeth pulled on Monday
I'm starting to get really worried that I have an infection.
All the swelling on my face as gone away except for on the right side.
It feels as though the side of my cheek is caught on the wire of my braces. I tried opening my mouth to see if I could see whats going on back there but I really cant. All I can really make of it is that it looks swollen and its preventing me from closing my mouth the entire way.
-How do I know if its an infection?
-Is it okay to take antibiotics (label says Clindamycin hcl) after taking a midol? (just making sure)
I haven't taken the pills the surgeon gave me because they just looked hard to swallow and I've already got a fear of choking on pills when I try to swallow them.
-What would happen if I did get an infection?

Thanks in advance! I'm really freaking out.

1 comment:

  1. insane in the membrane - If it is pussing, inflamed more than usual and irritating you,
    you may have an infection. Call the person whom you got
    your wisdom teeth extracted from.

    Antibiotics should be taken without other pills. The closest
    gap you can have in between pills is 2 hours. (So wait 2
    hours before the next one) and only take whatever anti-
    biotics you are prescribed.

    If you do get an infection, you have the risk of destroying
    any other blood clots, popping stitches and you will be in
    more pain. An infection will delay your healing and can cause
    other problems like bleeding in your mouth, headaches and
    a possible swollen mouth.

    You should really call someone related to the wisdom teeth
    extractions. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete