Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Weird Itchy Welps & Redness On Body?

396545389 On the 27th & 30th of September, I developed itchy welps on my body at night. My skin looked like I had been bitten by a bunch of mosquitos because of the raised bumps on my skin. Some of the welps were larger than others, and they weren't totally round. The smaller ones were round, but the larger ones were a variety of curved shapes. They itched really bad & the surrounding skin turned incredibly red.

One of my eyelids started to swell a bit & I got red splotches on my face. My ears felt like they were on fire & they turned bright red also.

It only happens at night & they clear up by the daytime.

This happened a few times before, about 2 years ago maybe. I had the same welps & itchiness, but my upper lip swelled up like I was stung by a bee. Again, it only happened at night.

I thought maybe it was bedbugs, but I was sleeping in different locations every time, and one time I was just sitting on the couch watching TV. So I know it's not bedbugs. I hadn't eaten anything different or gone anywhere different where I might've rubbed up against something.

My mother said it might be shingles due to stress, but I don't know much about shingles. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

1 comment:

  1. Ann - Has your mother experienced any itchiness or bumps (even ones she thinks are mosquito bites)? Bedbugs often infest more than just beds. In the current global problem with them, they've hitchhiked on people's luggage and found their way into hotels and homes. It's not hard for me to imagine that they may have found their way into your couch's upholstery and into other beds in your home. Bedbug bites range in size, which is another symptom that points me back to this possibility. Do a thorough inspection of your sheets and mattress, especially in seams and creases. There are countless websites to help you know what to look for. Wikipedia is a good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug

    Either way, it might not be a bad idea to check with your doctor to rule out other conditions that need treatment.

    ReplyDelete