Sunday, October 23, 2011

True Or False: The Cheaper The Products, The Higher The Risk Of Getting Allergies????????? My Mother Said So?

396545383 I GOT ALLERGIES ABOUT 4 TO 5 TIMES BEFORE FROM CERTAIN CHEMICALS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONES. MY MOTHER KEEPS BLAMING THE CHEAP PRODUCTS I BUY. I DON'T ALWAYS BUY BUT USUALLY I ONLY GET CHEAP PRODUCTS. SHE SAYS, THE CHEAPNESS IS THE REASON I GET ALLERGIES. I'VE TRIED PRODUCTS THAT ARE SO CHEAP BUT I DIDN'T GET ALLERGIES TO THEM THOUGH. I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN CHANGE HER MIND ABOUT THIS. CHEAP PRODUCTS ARE ALWAYS APPARENTLY BAD AND RISKY. THAT'S WHY I NEVER BUY CERTAIN FEW PRODUCTS NOW

2 comments:

  1. violetmd - you get allergies no matter what the price of the products. generic drugs are just as effective as branded drugs... if you're allergic to a chemical/medicine then you are allergic to it no matter how much you pay. you better see an allergologist/doctor ASAP to know to what stuff you are actually allergic to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breeee. - Nope!
    I've worked in a pharmacy and have sat through numerous seminars on this very topic.
    The 'real' brand is essentially the same as the generic or 'cheap' version. Both contain the same active ingredient - which is the drug that fixes the problem. The only real difference between the two are the fact that the majority of the time they have different ingredients mixed with the active ingredient or in different amounts and these only work to absorb the drug in different ways (think of this as an example - chocolate. Hershey's may use 60% cocoa and 5% cocoa butter as well as 35% milk to make their chocolate whereas a cheaper brand may use 60% cocoa and 12% cocoa butter with 28% being milk)
    They shouldn't cause you allergies, as all pharmaceutical products must meet stringent standards set in each country, although if you have problems or concerns you should speak to your pharmacist!

    ReplyDelete