Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Switching Dentists Excuses?

396545381 I want to change dentists because every appointment I have with him is painful even the check ups to the fillings and shots plus he focuses on his vacation planning and conversations with the nurse more than me he doesn't even pay attention on where he is laying his hand and one time he laid it on my eye and pushed on my eye (it really hurt!) and once I choked on the water when I was lying down and the nurse wasn't even paying attention to suck the water out. Plus he doesn't wear a mask so stuff from his mouth I can see land in my mouth! ew!

What are some good excuses in case they ask me why I'm changing dentists? I mean insurance isn't an option because I have no problems with it. Please help me! I am in so much pain!
I want excuses because I don't want to make it awkward!

5 comments:

  1. Mary Kontrarry - No need to make excuses. Just get a new dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surrounded - They aren't going to ask you why you are switching, Its not like in school where you need to make an excuse.
    Just switch, they don't care, your files will be faxed over.
    And if they do ask (98% they wont), just say you were satisfied being there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hapahun - If I were you, I would tell them off because that's just horrible. It isn't any of their business but if they ask, just say that the other place is at a more convenient location or you know someone there, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan Culbertson - Ouch! Painful dental work and a dismissing staff too. Sounds like you are being disrespected.
    You really don't have to tell them anything. Just make your appointment with another dentist.
    Perhaps ask around and see if your friends like their dentists. If someone from this painful dentist's
    office says something. You could just say that you have a different dentist now. If they press you
    to say more, tell them. It is very empowering to take control of a situation when you are used to just going along all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tia - I work in a dental clinic, and we don't ask why people are leaving. I'll usually receive a letter or fax from their new dentist - a signed request by the patient, asking for us to forward all dental records. Then I organise the records and forward them to the new clinic.

    ReplyDelete