Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Kinda Have Hairy Arms And Legs.. And I'm A Girl!!?

396545389 I'm Asian (from malaysia) and my hair is really dark and visible.. most of my friends(some not even my friends but just classmates..) doesn't have hairy arms and legs.. well they do have SOME hair but it's not visible or maybe they have really little. And you know how girls at this age.. their self-concious. I'm 13. And it's really embarrassing because I'm wanting to wear shorts when I go out(unless its some coffee shop) but I don't dare because of my hairy legs.. So I wear them at home only.. And I don't know if other girls have this but I kinda have hair on my body too and it's just weird.. Do all girls have this? Or are the hair of some girls really light and not visible? I've been wanting to buy Veet hair removal cream but I can't find any here or maybe I'm just blind.. but I went to Scotland and saw a big bottle of it and I asked my mom if I could buy it but she said no. I was like.. DAMN.

I'm really annoyed that I'm hairy ): and I'm afraid that in the future no guys would date me... Okay now that's just crazy but that's what I always think of : The future. My mom doesn't allow me to wax and I don't want to shave because my friends said the hair would grow back thicker and it'll be prickly. I heard of laser treatment but it's probably really expensive and I have a lot of hair so it'll take like.. hours for the person to remove them and it could hurt if he/she like doesn't get the hair root thing.. Don't find it weird but my friends and I like cut our hair using scissors because our parents don't let us wax or buy the hair removal cream..

Okay, am I like over thinking this? :/ I'm just pretty jealous that some of my classmates who are girls aren't hairy..
Hehe.. the problem is that.. There ain't no Walmart in my country.. sad right? And there aren't any seasons either.. Well except for the monsoon season(rain season) but I don't really count that as a season.. But it's pretty hot it my country so maybe I'll go out in the sun a little more.. I dislike the sun :/

4 comments:

  1. Nicole - Its okay girlie. just shave but usually we dont shave our arms lol but you could also get like nair shower foam stuff if they have that their. its just a walmart here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leana - Hey, first of all, everybody is different, you don't have to be scared. I had hairy arms and legs by the age of ten. (and it was visible) so I started shaving. It will grow back faster, but if you shave daily, it's no big deal. As for arms...I just left them the way they are.

    I have heard that you can bleach hair if you want it to be less visible. Some say you can use lemon juice and bake in sunshine, but I'm not sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. DM. - I know how you feel. I've always had extremely dark leg and arm hair with LOTS of hairs. I was always extremely self contious about it when I was younger and begged my mother to let me shave. She always refused, to I took to my arm hair with a pair of scissors. That was a few years ago and now I have hairier arms than ever. But you know what, its NEVER affected my relationships or having a boyfriend. Yes, I was jealous of other non hairy girls and worried that guys wouldn't like me because I'm hairy but really, if you have CONFIDENCE and RESPECT for your self then nobody will care if you havce hairy arms or legs. All girls have SOME hair on them, some more than others and some more visable. Were all made differently and unique and if somebody mocks you for having hairy arms or legs then I pity them for being a horrible person. I'm not too sure how old you are but when you are maybe 16 you could start using an Epilator or hair removal cream on your legs. Also, if you spend time in the sun in summer your hairs should lighten up. But for now be HAPPY with yourself. Trust me, nobody judges you on your hairy arms. Just be confident (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. J - Its more common than you think. I taught English in Japan including kids classes. I saw some girls around 8 years old with hairy legs which I thought was strange as I don't remember girls having hair that young when I was a child but I never said anything about it. You can always shave your legs. Waxing is something you can do when you are older and if you do it regularly it can reduce the amount of hair that grows back. Laser hair removal is also an option and I am sure it will be even cheaper and more effective by the time you are older.

    ReplyDelete