Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Just Want To Be Okay! Help Anyone!?

396545385 So about 4 days ago I had chest pain on the left side and it wasn't general it was in one specific spot. And I have had them before. But this time I was worried I was going to have a heart attack. And then I had some pain in my left arm and then in my left side of my neck. My chest pain has since somewhat gone away but my neck and shoulder pain is still lingering. I'm 18 years old but I'm worried about a heart attack because I eat fast food very frequently along with other unhealthy foods. So is this possibly the cause of my over thinking or not.

5 comments:

  1. Marie S Zachary - sounds like a hernateddisc to me but go 2 the doctor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Sims - Happens to me all the time, then again im not the healthiest person....might be two completely unrelated symptoms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bbbbbbbb - Probably a panic attack. My brother went through the same thing, and spent an extremely high amount of money in the emergency room. Make an appointment with your doctor and tell him all your symptoms. He'll know whats best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannie - Go to your doctor, chest pain can be very serious, especially when it affects your arm and neck as you said it did. Go to the doctor and talk to them, they know best. Dr. internet is only going to tell you it's the worst possible thing it could be and scare the crap out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla Graves - I personally would like to know a little more such as, Is there a family history of heart problems? Has anyone on either side of your family (mom, dad, grandparents, aunts or uncles) treated for or die of anything cardiac related? Has this been the most serious episode of chest pain you have had? Fast food can definitely play a part in clogging your arteries with the grease and fat content of so many of those foods, but NO fast food will NOT directly cause a heart attack.

    My suggestion to you is to make an appointment with your physician as soon as you can get in. He/She may order an EKG (noninvasive) and blood work. Depending on what they show they may order an echocardiogram (noninvasive). Those three things should let them know more of what is going on.

    Good Luck to you!

    ReplyDelete